About Eating Disorders Counselling & Psychotherapy
Most of us are self-image conscious people and try and keep controlling our weight most of the time throughout our life. These problems usually arise through our bad eating habits, too much dieting, starvation and too much wrongly planned exercise.
Counseling and Psychotherapy may play major role to deal with psychological causes of eating problems. Our accredited therapists with BACP, IACP, IAHIP and NAPCP aim to address the core issues. Eating disorder counseling and psychotherapy can also adopt CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), i.e. food records, goal setting and motivation.
One of the worst eating disorder type can be Anorexia, which could be very difficult to treat and often needs medical support which your GP may provide to work with us but we can only work if it is not severe.
Issues for Eating Disorders Counselling:
• Binge Eating
• Over Eating
• Over Exertion
• Weight Control Obsession
Benefits of Eating Disorders Counselling & Psychotherapy:
• It improves eating habit, self-image and psychological strength
• Understanding the causes of your own eating problems
• Identifying triggers, and gaining insight
• Independently examining your own thoughts, behaviours and feelings
• Developing strategies to deal with issues such as vomiting, laxatives and over-exertion